Position Overview: We are looking for a Brake Press Operator who will be responsible for programming and operating a CNC Trumpf Brake Press. Candidates must have a good work ethic and a positive attitude, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate brake press machine.
- Run bend and forming operations on Multi bend parts using standard and custom tools.
- Use a CNC controller to input information into machine.
- Adjust ram and back gauge locations per process control instructions and blueprints.
- Check heights, depths and thicknesses using micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges and other precision-measuring instruments.
- Perform complex programming using all features of the brake press.
- Work within designated tolerances.
- Produce parts for assembly operations.
- Meet customer specifications and delivery requirements.
- Program the CNC to produce new parts meeting specifications.
- Perform inspections of parts.
- Perform all required routine and minor maintenance activities according to procedures.
- Complete and maintain paperwork.
- Configure bend allowances for sheet metal (stainless, aluminum & regular steel)
- Check machine for defects.
- Ensure machine is calibrated and cleaned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 2+ years of experience operating and programming a CNC Trumpf or similar. Experience with Trumpf equipment is preferred.
- Experience with any other type of programmable brake machine is an asset.
- Solid background working with sheet metal.
- Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance.
- Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
- Ability to distinguish material types, including aluminum, steel, and stainless steel.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in an effective way.
- Candidate must be a strong team player.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to use various measuring equipment.
For further information please contact:
Human Resources Consultant